Lifting Every Voice: Pedagogy and Politics of Bilingualism (HER Reprint Series)
Primary: Lifting Every Voice: Pedagogy and Politics of Bilingualism (HER Reprint.pdf - 41,553 KB/Sec
Mirror [#1]: Lifting Every Voice: Pedagogy and Politics of Bilingualism (HER Reprint.pdf - 27,593 KB/Sec
Mirror [#2]: Lifting Every Voice: Pedagogy and Politics of Bilingualism (HER Reprint.pdf - 31,485 KB/Sec
- Essential Linguistics, Second Edition: What Teachers Need to Know to Teach ESL, Reading, Spelling, and Grammar
- Building Academic Language: Meeting Common Core Standards Across Disciplines, Grades 5-12
- English Language Learners and the New Standards: Developing Language, Content Knowledge, and Analytical Practices in the Classroom
- 50 Strategies for Teaching English Language Learners (5th Edition)
- Between Worlds, Third Edition: Access to Second Language Acquisition
- Academic Moves for College and Career Readiness, Grades 6-12: 15 Must-Have Skills Every Student Needs to Achieve (Corwin Literacy)
- The Big Picture: Education Is Everyone's Business
- Seven Strategies of Assessment for Learning (2nd Edition) (Assessment Training Institute, Inc.)
- Elements of Grading: A Guide to Effective Practice (Second Edition) - how to begin a constructive, time-saving, evidence-based conversation about improving grading practices
- Using Data to Focus Instructional Improvement
The authors -- teachers, community activists, teacher educators, and classroom researchers -- demystify bilingual education by providing concrete examples from their practice and experience in working with bilingual children. Rather than rehashing the tired, old debate on bilingual education, Lifting Every Voice starts with the belief that bilingual education works.
Lifting Every Voice is organized into three parts. Part One focuses on the power and significance of bilingualism for language-minority students from a cultural, pedagogical, and political perspective. In Part Two, authors share their research and practice-based experiences and insights into successful bilingual classrooms. Part Three then discusses the political, organizational, and programmatic supports that are necessary to better serve our language-minority students and to nurture their bilingualism.
The authors in Lifting Every Voice embody a spirit that embraces the linguistic, cultural, and ethnic diversity of all our students and trumpet a belief in the transforming potential of bilingual education.
Lifting Every Voice shows you what's working in Bilingual Education, with practical and concrete examples.